1. I want to volunteer at Volunteer Action Network? What do I need to do?
Complete a Volunteer Information Form
Sign the Volunteer Agreement Form
Some opportunities require specific qualifications. We will contact you if we need more information
Attend a volunteer Orrientation
2. What should I expect at a Volunteer Orientation?
The orientation will take about an hour. You will get the history of Volunteer Action Network and a tour, detailed information regarding ongoing volunteer opportunities, and an opportunity to see if we are a good fit for your schedule and interests.
3. Are there any evening and/or weekend opportunities?
The majority of our volunteer opportunities are during business hours from 8:30am-5:30pm. We do have event specific opportunities during our Annual Events
4. Are you looking for specific skills?
The majority of our volunteers are caring, supportive individuals who believe in our mission and are looking to pay it forward. There could be special requirements for specific volunteer areas, but we will inform you of those at the orientation.
5. How old do I have to be?
Generally, we ask that volunteers are 18+. We do make exceptions for students on a case by case basis. Email:
6. I have court mandated volunteer hours I need to fill. Can I fill them at Volunteer Action Network?
This is done on a case by case basis. We may have some work for you, but do not assume you will be able to fill your hours at Volunteer Action Network. Contact us at:
7. Do you have volunteer opportunities for groups?
We do have some opportunities for groups. Email:
8. Does Volunteer Action Network offer internship opportunities?
We generally offer unpaid internships and work with Students. If this sounds like something you are qualified for and interested in, please contact Bukenya our Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org